Popular non-educational videos are provided by the FRIENDS OF THE J. V. FLETCHER LIBRARY, INC.
1. Videos circulate for a loan period of one week. Heavily requested titles may circulate for a three-day loan period to accommodate the large number of interested patrons.
2. Videos may be renewed in person, with an additional loan period fee charged.
3. Librarians and Library governing bodies cannot assume the role of parents or the functions of parental authority in the private relationship between parent and child. Thus, parents/attending adultsand only parents/attending adultshave the right and the responsibility to restrict the access of their children to library resources. Parents who do not want their children to have access to certain library services, materials, or facilities should so advise their children. (See also Library Card Registration and Responsibilities Policy)
4. Suggested donations will be as follows:
- $1.00 Donation per title per loan period
- $1.00 Donation per DVD title for in-library viewing on patron-owned or library equipment
5. Charges will be as follows:
- replacement costs for lost or non-returned items.
1. Videos may be either in DVD or tape format. All tapes are 1/2 inch VHS format. Videocassettes (tapes) are to be kept at room temperature, away from heat sources and not left either in direct sunlight or in vehicles. Care should be taken that videocassettes are not exposed to damaging magnetic fields.
2. The J. V. Fletcher Library is not responsible for loss, damage or erasure incurred during use, or for damage to home equipment, or any legal action resulting from use. Please alert the library staff if a borrowed item showed signs of damage, or would not play.
3. Patrons wishing to borrow and view DVDs in-house may view these on the mezzanine level in a private study carrel. The library reserves the right to ask patrons to refrain from displaying images which are inappropriate for public viewing as determined by the staff.
4. Copyright laws prohibit copying, reproduction and performance in public (in whole or in part).
Voted and Approved: 9/4/90. Revised Language Approved 3/4/96; 2/2/98; 2/7/2000; 1/31/05; 3/7/05; 7/16/07.