If we don’t have it, we will get it!
The J.V. Flecther Library belongs to the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium
(MVLC) with whom items are exchanged daily via delivery service provided by the Northeast Massachusetts Regional Library Service. Interlibrary Loan requests are processed ASAP. Please remember however, that item availability (the number of patrons on a waiting list) and the volume of requests may affect the delivery time. MVLC holdings are only the local tier from which we request titles
To Request an item from a Library within the consortium:
1. Connect to the Library Catalog - IPAC
2. Conduct a search for the item to be requested.
3. Next to the item record, there will be an icon that reads "request item". Click on this icon to place the hold.
4. You will need your Library barcode and your pin# (The pin # is the last four digits of your phone number. The Library encourages everyone to customize his or her pin#. To change the pin number, stop by one of the public services desks.
Can't find what you're looking for in the Library catalog?
Items are also exchanged through the OCLC international online database of institutional holdings. It usually takes 2-3 weeks to receive items from libraries outside of the consortium.
To request an item from a Library outside of the consortium:
Requests for items may be made via:
• Call the Information Services Desk – (978) 692-5555
Please try to supply the following information with your request:
• Publisher & Date
• Specific Edition
If you have any questions, please call the Information Services desk at (978) 692-5555.