Child's Rules For Online Safety
Courtesy of Larry Magid, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Interactive Services Association
• I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents permission.
• I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
• I will never agree to get together with someone I meet on-line without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will make sure it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.
• I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
• I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do, I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the service provider.
• I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going on-line. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be on-line, the length of time I can be on-line, and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.