The J. V. Fletcher Library sponsors LINK TO LITERACY, a library based English as a Second Language and Basic Literacy tutorial program. Tutors are trained on site, then matched with individuals seeking to improve English reading and/or writing skills. The objectives of this program are to:
1. Provide tutors for Westford residents/workers seeking help in English as a second language or in basic reading.
2. Provide materials for use in teaching from the J. V. Fletcher Library holdings.
3. Provide additional materials from a special collection acquired by Link to Literacy and held at the J. V. Fletcher Library.
4. Provide training for tutors.
5. Provide support for tutors through training, communication and exchange of ideas and experiences.
6. Maintain a current list of tutor/student match-ups and a lists of person awaiting help.