GUIDELINES FOR THE FORMATION AND AWARDING OF THE ELLEN
DOWNEY RAINVILLE CONTINUING EDUCATION FUND
A. Trust Fund #677, the "Ellen D. Rainville Continuing Education Fund" was created with a gift of $1,000.00 from the Ella La Montagne estate and augmented with discretionary Trust Fund monies to underwrite on-going staff develop costs, and to honor the work done by Director Ellen Rainville leading to the 1988 library renovation and addition.
1. Trustees will award up to $500.00 annually in individual awards of up to $250.00 (this amount subject to increase as the principal grows).
2. Applicant deadlines will be rolling and staff may apply to the Continuing Education Fund throughout the year .
II. Personnel Eligibility:
A. Minimum Work Week at the library must be 15 hours.
B. Minimum period of employment at same must be six months.
C. Staff applying for awards must have received a Personnel Evaluation of "Average" or better.
D. Discretionary preference for coursework may be granted to workers with more seniority.
E. Schedule Provisos:
1. Workers may apply in-class and conference time and travel time to work time.
2. Attendance at courses/seminars/conferences is subject to:
a. Approval by supervisor
b. Adequate coverage of library public service desks
F. Application Process:
1. Staff are encouraged to apply repeatedly for continuing education funds, but it is to be understood that an objective of the program is to involve as many staff as possible.
2. Preference will be given to library-related coursework, or seminars geared to work-related responsibilities. The Continuing Education Fund may be used to wholly offset library conference registration and hotel and meal costs incurred while in attendance at an approved library-related conference. Reimbursement for mileage should be made to the Operating Account.
G. Payment Process:
1. Payment will be made on the following basis:
a. Reimbursement to staff, or;
b. Direct payment to institution/seminar host, etc.
c. Payment/reimbursement will be made contingent upon staff attendance at said seminar/conference.
Approved 5/88; Rev. 1/7/92; 6/23/92; 12/7/98.
APPLICATION FOR ELLEN DOWNEY RAINVILLE CONTINUING EDUCATION ACCOUNT
NAME IN FULL_____________________________________________________
LENGTH OF TIME EMPLOYED AT THIS LIBRARY _____________________
AVERAGE WORK WEEK________________________
High School: ___________________________________________
College: ________________________________ Degree Earned: __________
Graduate: ________________________________ Degree Earned:
Presently Enrolled in a Degree Program? __________ MLS __________
PROGRAM FOR WHICH AWARD IS BEING SOUGHT:
Place of Instruction ______________________________________
Dates, Times and Course Title ______________________________________
Cost of Course _____________________________________________
Have you ever applied for an Ellen Downey Rainville Continuing Education Award before? __________ When? _________________
Please explain briefly how this course would apply to your present position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: _______________________________
Approved 5/88; Revised and Approved 1/7/92; 6/23/92.